Sharing with neighbours
Everyday people quietly carry out small acts of neighbourly kindness and help neighbours.
Here are some ideas to build on this at your street party.
Neighbours’ SwapShop Guide
Our Guide encourages neighbours to lend or swap things, and to help eachother out. Here are some ideas:
- Games and books ‘street library’
- Lending tools, swapping toys
- Keeping an eye on a neighbour’s house when away
- Helping with gardens or car cleaning
- sharing use of a car with a neighbour
- Knowing a good plumber, garage etc.
Getting Organised With Neighbours
Once you have got some swapping and sharing going, residents can get organised at a deeper level:
- Supporting: Child care network, gardening club
- Taking action: improving a local park, Neighbourhood Watch
- Life-skills: DIY, bike/car maintenance, cooking, first aid, computers, painting, playing an instrument, dancing, singing
- Inter-generations: older and young people swapping expertise like reading, baking, computers.