Street party food
Food brings people together. It is worth making a real effort to have gorgeous food that means something to a wide range of residents and is memorable. So here are some ideas:
- Bringing food to share means that each house can make a contribution.
- Seasonal British / locally grown food could be a nice theme.
- Plot to Plate – do any residents have some lovely things grown in the gardens or allotments?
- A cake/baking competition, or celebratory cake for a birthday or something?
- Have a seasonal fruit/harvest strawberry/apple/plum/ theme.
- Local / independent beer from pub or ordered.
- Make food prizes for a raffle or other competitions.
- An art competition on a food theme, using paper plates, cups and table cloths.
Contact us with any other ideas you’d like to share.
If you are unsure about keeping food safe, especially in bigger public street parties with food providers, you can get some tips from the Food Standards Agency.