Christmas and New Year
Have a Neighbours’ Get-Together
The Christmas and New Year period can be jolly for some but isolating for others, so it’s a chance to hold a neighbours’ get-together – for this season of good will etc.
Below are some ideas about how to boost community spirit in your street during this time of year:
- Hold a Mince Pie get-together – invite some neighbours round for a drink, mulled wine or a cuppa and a mince pie, even at short notice. You could either drop a note round, or just invite some in person.
- Drop a Christmas card off to someone you may know.
- If you have the voice, hold a street carol sing-along.
- Offer a drink or cuppa on New Year’s eve or day.
- Perhaps suggest holding a street party or a more modest tea party or BBQ street meet next year.
- Offer to keep an eye on houses or pets of neighbours who are away for a time.
And if you have a white Christmas help to clear snow and ice from someone’s path or doorway.
Do tell us if you have any similar stories or photos.