Plan your private residents street party
Facebook iconTwitter iconYoutube icon
Plan your private residents street party

Street Parties in Scotland

Neighbours' street parties are not so common in Scotland as they are in England & Wales and the regulations and arrangements are different to some of the things on this website.

Alcohol – If you are in an area covered by regulations where alcohol is prohibited in 'public places', you and your neighbours may have to commit to drinking and eating on your private land only. Such as gardens or driveways. 'Public places' means anywhere where the public has a right to access, which may include land owned by a housing association etc.

Licences – Neighbours' street parties would not in themselves require a Public Entertainment Occasional Licence unless you were having a 'display', 'demonstration', 'concert' or selling alcohol.

Road Closures – these should be straightforward and hopefully to require a charge or insurance. See more here.